Welcome to Embedding
Embedding relies heavily on the "Borisphere" of tools to provide a responsive experience that works well on desktop, mobile, and WebVR platforms. In particular, it uses the WebVR polyfill, the WebVR boilerplate library, and ray-input to provide pointing-based input across these platforms. WebVR support in various browsers is changing fast, and you can view the latest Embedding compatibility report.
Similar to how D3 builds on HTML and the DOM, including canvases and SVG, Embedding provides an abstraction layer over 3D objects defined in WebGL and three.js, including geometries, materials, and lighting. A primary goal of Embeding is to enable developers who are not 3D experts to create beautiful, effective, and compelling data-driven environments.
Where to go next
- Check out the getting started guide to see how easy it is to create your first data-driven environment.
- Take a look at some examples to get a sense for the range of possibilities.
- View the main embedding project repo on github.
- Clone or download the embedding boilerplate repo to get started on your own project.
- We'd love your help in building and testing Embedding! Read about contributing, checkout the roadmap, or file an issue with any bugs or problems.